Friday, April 1, 2011

Little Girl growing up so fast!

So my baby turned two the other day and we decided it was time for her to leave her crib days behind her and switch her to a toddler bed! Since DH was on the road and my Mom is back from San Diego she helped me convert her Crib to a Toddler bed, which is a simple process but you just feel like you need about 8 extra limbs to do! Anyway so we manage to get it all changed around and put the new Ladybug bedding on her bed and DD manages to get in but can't figure out how to get out! Then we had a revelation, my Mom had a set of those Doggy steps to help dogs get up on furniture but her dog has never used them so we put them up against her bed and away she went in and out of her bed! Oh so cute!

Then came the real test would she sleep in it and not fall out! Well she went to bed no problem and slept straight through till morning when she woke up she climbed out of her bed and came to my room and woke me up! and to my surprise she also had a dry diaper so I took her potty! and away she went! I consider it to be a smashing success!

She is currently in her bed sound asleep! aaahhhh!

I also managed to reduce her toys and books to less than a 1/4 of what she had! She had so many she didn't even know what to play with and the house was wall to wall toys! Now it all fits nice in her shelving unit with room to spare! Hope we can keep it like that! Here is an after picture! One of those buckets is empty so just in case we have extra room!
Now the toys are currently in the basement hiding from the Monster Child who likes to spread them all over the house! I hope she can get some valuable play time with less instead of just scaling the mountain of toys and being overwhelmed by the choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment